Forums » Arts and Culture

Drouin indications 1-year agreement with Avalanche

• December 25, 2023 12:18 PM +06

The 28-year-old onward had 29 factors in 58 video games for the Montreal Canadiens last period. Picked by the Tampa Bay Lightning with the No. 3 choice of the 2013 NHL Draft, Drouin has 281 factors in 485 regular-season video games for the Canadiens and Lightning and 21 points in 33 Stanley Cup Championship game. "I think I required a clean slate, " Drouin said Monday. "Certainly, there was a great deal of ups and downs in my six years in Montreal, so I'm super excited to get a new beginning someplace new, and like I simply claimed, it's a terrific group and has actually been a great team for a whole lot of years. I'm just wanting to assist them by any means I can and look for my video game once again. I recognize it exists. It's simply a matter of self-confidence, and like I said, it's going to be a fresh begin for me. And I'm extremely excited regarding that." Drouin and Avalanche ahead Nathan MacKinnon played with Halifax of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League from 2011-12. "We absolutely were texting a fair bit in the previous couple of weeks, " Drouin stated. "And clearly I've understood Nate for some time now, and to get a message from from him at this time in my career, it was something I was looking onward to. Not only Nate, however everybody on Colorado Avalanche, it's simply such a wonderful possibility for me. They're a great group Jason Polin Jersey, been a fantastic group for a whole lot of years now, and clearly Nate had a great deal of impact on that, but I'm just extremely excited to join such an excellent team." Avalanche basic manager Chris MacFarland stated he did ask MacKinnon about Drouin before signing him. "Obviously we're mosting likely to select Nate's brain, " he stated. "He recognizes better than anyone, not just as the player yet as a person and a person. So we absolutely picked Nate's brain, and he was in complete support of this type of scenario. It's a low-risk, high-reward sort of scenario that with any luck will pay rewards for both, but we're truly excited about it, and Nate definitely was an honorary member of the scouting division for a few days, that's without a doubt." Ahead Bowen Byram each authorized with the Avalanche on Saturday.Wood Fredrik Olofsson Jersey, 27, had 27 points in 76 regular-season ready the New Jersey Devils last season and 2 goals in 8 championship game. Picked by New Jersey in the fourth round of the 2013 NHL Draft, Wood has 148 factors in 402 regular-season games and 2 goals in 13 championship game. "That was my goal heading into complimentary firm, was attempting to obtain term, and I was privileged adequate to get that, " Timber stated Monday. "This cost-free company, a great deal of one- and two-year bargains were given out, so I feel very lucky in the sense that I got a six-year bargain, and from the beginning, Colorado was always a team that I would certainly enjoy to bet. I love the mountains. I'm an outdoor person, and whenever would head out and play them, it's simply such an excellent area. And I have some friends that endure there too, so I would certainly head out to see them in the offseason and just seemed like Colorado is a perfect area for me." Byram, 22, who was a limited freelance, had NHL job highs in goals, assists and aims in 42 regular-season video games for the Avalanche last season, and three assists in seven championship game. Chosen by Colorado in the preliminary of the 2019 NHL Draft Arvid Holm Jersey, Byram has 43 factors in 91 regular-season games and 12 assists in 27 championship game. He won the Stanley Mug with the Avalanche in 2022. The Avalanche also got onward Ross Colton, who is a restricted complimentary representative, from the Lightning on Wednesday for a second-round pick in the 2023 Upper Deck NHL Draft, and traded onward Alex Newhook to the Canadiens for an initial- and second-round pick in the 2023 draft and defenseman prospect Colorado also got Ryan Johansen in a profession with the Nashville Predators on Monday for forward "I believe both Timber and Colton were crucial parts on their previous groups without a doubt, " MacFarland said. "I think Train Bednar will certainly have a great deal of adaptability and a great deal of various alternatives to try various points. I believe, clearly, Drouin's ability collection will certainly play well with our various other experienced gamers, so I can easily picture him obtaining looks with Nathan, Johansen, whoever you know that 'Bedsy' wishes to see in the Leading 6. "Currently he's going to have to gain that ice time to stay there, but I definitely think it's an ability swing, and his hands and his ability to make plays is absolutely not concerned. So, I would envision instructor will certainly have some fascinating kinds of points to mix and match on consisting of with Ross and Miles Wood. He's a man that can possibly relocate and around the lineup perfectly. He's a fast player. Both of them are actually affordable, so I think it'll play well right here, and Bedsy will certainly have some situations that he can have fun with in preseason."

• March 27, 2024 1:36 AM +06

Certainly, there was a great deal of ups and downs in my six years in Montreal, so I'm super excited to get a new beginning someplace new, and like I simply claimed: Dandy Gift Giving Hoodie