Forums » Travel

THAILAND PART 2! PHI PHI ISLANDS

• 138 posts
    February 24, 2018 2:59 AM +06

THAILAND PART 2! PHI PHI ISLANDS

IMG_0411.JPG
    Sorry for the delay on my Thailand trip upload. I was offline due to a little reality show stint in LA, and I wasn’t able to go online let alone blog. That’s a whole different post tho. I left off my story when I said goodbye to Bangkok, and took a flight to Phuket to visit Koh Phi Phi Don. The Phi Phi islands are the place they filmed the movie “The Beach” with Leo Dicaprio (Maya Bay to be specific).IMG_0528.JPGTheres no airport on any of these tiny islands so you have to fly to Phuket and take a ferry to get there. Phuket airport is annoying, and crowded, but can’t be avoided. You take a taxi or shuttle to the ferry, and pay about 1500 baht per person to get to your island. This is round trip, so approx $24 USD each way. Not bad. When you arrive at Phi Phi island (pronounced pee pee) they drop you off at the port, and your hotel will send you some sort of boat or transport to come pick you up.IMG_0419.JPGThere are no cars on the island so its either a little boat, or a man with a wheelbarrow to carry your luggage. We found our hotel boat and it was approx a 10 min ride to our hotel. We stayed in a bungalow called the “HIP SEA resort.”IMG_0387.JPGThe only prob with the place was the 1700 steep stairs you had to walk up from the beach to get to your hut.IMG_0567.JPGThis climb wasn’t just on arrival, it was every time you went to the beach or left the hotel. That part sucked. Besides the exhausting staircase, the service and bungalow were amazing. Free breakfast at an outside restaurant was included.IMG_0464.JPGWe chartered a private boat right from the beach to take us on a tour of Maya Bay for around 2000 baht (like 63 dollars for both of us) and we snorkeled, and went to another place called “Shark Point” on the trip. I couldn't believe how amazing the ocean looked. The weather turned a little down while we were on the water, but we still had a great time.IMG_0470.JPGMaya Bay is really touristy and crowded, but its worth seeing due to the sheer beauty of the cove.IMG_0468.JPGIt was such a laid back experience with our “captain” lol. He was more than easy going. Besides the scenery, the food on the island was amazing.IMG_0802.JPGSome of the best Thai food we had the pleasure of eating during the entire trip. This is also the "place to be" for sea shell gatherers/ collectors. I have never seen sand so white, or water so clear in my life. This place was the true definition of paradise.IMG_0407.JPGMy only regret is that I would have spent more than two nights in Phi Phi. If I went back to Thailand I would make room for more island hopping, but it was back to Phuket on day 3, and the start of new exploration!IMG_0412.JPG