Forums » Real estate

Bedard No. 1 pick by Blackhawks in 2023 NHL Draft

• December 25, 2023 12:19 PM +06

NASHVILLE-- Connor Bedard was chosen with the No. 1 choice by the Chicago Blackhawks in the 2023 Upper Deck NHL Draft at Bridgestone Arena on Wednesday.Bedard, a right-shot center, came to be the second player from Regina of the Western Hockey League to go No. 1, everyone, put their faith in me with that said choice." The right-shot center, No. 1 on NHL Main Scouting's final position of North American skaters provided by BioSteel, won Canadian Hockey League Top Prospect, Top Scorer, and David Branch Gamer of the Year honors after leading the WHL in goals, factors, shots on objective, points per video game and goals per game in 57 regular-season video games. He completed connected for the league lead in helps and game-winning objectives. He was plus-39, won 53.6 percent of face-offs and had 45 power-play points. The Blackhawks won the No. 1 option in the NHL Draft Lottery Game on Might 8. Rounds 2-7 are below Thursday. Leo Carlsson, a facility with Orebro of the Swedish Hockey League, Along with appreciating the moment with his family members, Bedard said he was considering his grandfather, Garth, after hearing his name called by Davidson. Garth died in a car crash April 6, 2021. Bedard racked up two objectives in a 2-1 overtime win versus Brandon three days after his grandpa's fatality. He was named the video game's Very first Star and directed to the heavens after scoring 49 secs into overtime. "I'm considering my granddad today, " Bedard said. "He does not obtain to be below, however just maintaining him with us, our whole family." Bedard was No. 1 in NHL Central Scouting's ranking of North American skaters; Carlsson was No. 1 in Central Scouting's last ranking of International skaters. Carlsson was amazed to hear his name called by the Ducks at No. 2; Fantilli was the agreement No. 2 pick in lots of simulated drafts prior to Wednesday. "I mean, a bit Anthony Mantha Jersey, it was type of a 50-50 feeling there, " Carlsson claimed. "It is necessary I had a conference with. "I didn't wish to assume too high. I might have gone like, No. 5 as well, so it was sort of hard to think of. Now, it's outstanding." Carlsson had 25 points in 44 games for Orebro, playing mainly on the wing, and was called Swedish junior hockey gamer of the year. He had 6 points in 7 games for Sweden at the 2023 IIHF Globe Junior Champion, playing mostly left wing on the leading line. "Like I stated 100 times, there's a lot of impressive players in this draft and a great deal of men can have gone anywhere, so I'm really delighted for, " Fantilli said. "He's an excellent child and terrific hockey gamer, so I'm excited to see what he's going to do." Fantilli, No. 2 on Central Scouting's last ranking of North American skaters, won the Hobey Baker Honor as the leading guys's player in NCAA ice hockey this period. The 18-year-old, No. 2 on NHL Main Scouting's final ranking of North American skaters, led NCAA players with 65 factors and was linked for very first with 30 objectives in 36 video games. After a document three Slovakia-born players were chosen in the preliminary of the 2022 NHL Draft, 2 were picked in the first round Wednesday: facility Dalibor Dvorsky of AIK in Sweden to the St. Louis Blues Darcy Kuemper Jersey, and left wing Samuel Honzek of Vancouver in the Western Hockey Organization to the Calgary Flames. "I assume Slovakia hockey has boosted so much in the ins 2015 and I more than happy to be part of this generation, " Dvorsky said. "Likewise, a big congratulations to 'Hanzi.'" Examine out all 2023 NHL Draft Preliminary selections The Blackhawks acquired forwards Taylor Hall and Nick Foligno in a profession with the Boston Bruins for defensemen Ian Mitchell and Connor McDavid with the Edmonton Oilers, and Jack Hughes of the New Jersey Devils. "It's very special, " Bedard claimed. "Those 2 individuals have been through everything in the National Hockey League. For me to reach gain from them, they're incredible gamers. They're such useful guys to ask questions to, so it's outstanding." When Smith was picked by San Jose, it marked the 5th consecutive year at the very least one participant of the NTDP U-18 group was chosen amongst the leading 5. It's the longest such stretch by any team in NHL Draft history. Smith was just one of 4 NTDP gamers picked in the preliminary. The right-handed shot ended up second on the NTDP with 127 points in 60 games. After Smith, appropriate wing Ryan Leonard mosted likely to the Washington Capitals at No. 8, facility Oliver Moore mosted likely to the Blackhawks at No. 19 and extreme right Gabriel Perreault was chosen by the New york city Rangers at No. 23. Perreault, Smith and Leonard played on the leading line and will certainly each attend Boston College following season. Perreault, No. 10 on Central Scouting's final ranking of North American skaters, led the team with 132 factors in 63 video games. Moore, thought about by numerous to be the fastest skater in the draft, will certainly attend the College of Minnesota. "We had Oliver way greater than we picked him, " Davidson stated. "We were regularly attempting to go up for a lot of choices. I was on the phone the entire time, practically from when I returned to my seat. I was working the phones trying to obtain up with him in mind, so it's almost an excellent scenario where we simply stayed. We really did not have to provide up any kind of added choices to stand up and obtain him." The Blues made three picks in the first round: Dvorsky, facility Otto Stenberg of Frolunda in Sweden, and defenseman Theo Lindstein of Brynas of Sweden. Dmitriy Simashev, a defenseman from Yaroslavl in Russia's junior division, was the very first of four Russia-born players selected in the preliminary. He was No. 19 on Central Scouting's final ranking of International skaters. "Naturally, I was surprised, " Simashev stated. "To play in the NHL is my desire, and Arizona is a good club and city and I prepare." Simashev made his Kontinental Hockey League launching this period, averaging 6:55 of ice time in 18 video games. The 18-year-old left-handed shot likewise had 10 points in 29 games with Yaroslavl in Russia's minor league. Matvei Michkov, an extreme right with St. Petersburg in the KHL and No. 2 on Central Scouting's final ranking of International skaters, went No. 7 to the Philadelphia Flyers. Michkov was predicted by lots of draft professionals to be the very first Russia-born gamer chosen. "I rejoice it was the Flyers, " Michkov stated through an interpreter. "There are no words; it's such an emotional minute. This implies a great deal to me. It's my desire and my desire is likewise to win the Stanley Mug." Philly drafted Michkov with the comprehending his KHL contract with St. Petersburg goes through 2025-26. "We really felt that after seeing him play, and after satisfying him, it was an ability we could not skip Ken Klee Jersey, " Flyers GM Daniel Briere stated. "He enjoyed the Flyers and he wished to be a part of the Flyers. He encouraged us."